Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Recap: Hubbs song set

He practiced and practiced.

He bought a new amp.

And a mike and stand.
Installed the Dean Markley into his acoustic.
Countless you-tube instructional videos later, he was more ready than I thought he was.
He sounded better than I had ever heard.

Maybe it was the audience, or the acoustics, but damn, this was so good.
This must have been what the Shawn Michaels band was like 14 years ago.
When he sang the line, " I wanna honor your mother, " I sobbed heavily.

He sang:
Shameless, in the tune of Garth Brooks
The Waiting by Tom Petty, a request from me
and Tim McGraw's Keith Urban's (oops) Memories of Us.

I ran up to give him a big bear hug after it was over.

And we could both breathe again.

(There is a video floating around somewhere. I'll post it as soon as I can get my hands on it! )
pics by Nick Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment